where I share my experiences with the art of writing, publishing, and book marketing

where I share my experiences with the art of writing, publishing, and book marketing

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My pursuit of Press Release Distribution-2

I decided to go with a Press Release distributor.  
They present my Press Release to interested internet and traditional media (press and radio) for eight weeks.  I receive the interested media responses via e-mail and then acknowledge with an email
response.  My distribution began on Tuesday.  Today is Wednesday and I have already sent out two books for review and possible followup interviews.  I have submitted one blog interview and been allowed a free promotion day on another blog.  
 Bonus, now I have time to focus on the writing again.
I chose to go this route to free up the time it would take me to submit requests and then follow up. Now I just follow up with interested parties filtered to me by the company I am working with.  They also follow up with the people they have submitted to by phone one week after the initial contact. If they are interested and have not responded they are encouraged to do so in a timely manner.  If they are not interested they remind them of my background and what the book is about, so I don't have to sell myself, which I am bad at.
Recommendation to follow
I will still reserve my recommendation until I have more time with this process.  At the time if all is well I will reveal the company I chose to work with.

Happy hunting, and thanks for your consideration,
Nance

No comments:

Post a Comment